Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Convention 2012 My Trades #7

Hi all,
My convention trade for you today is really fun, I think.   I got to use lots of cool elements and I think it turned out great.

The only stamp on this card is from the Wacky Wishes set, which I embossed with white EP onto a die cut Window frame.  Where did I get that die cut? ...  from inside the frame around the tree!  Did you notice that I used the new Fancy Fan textured impressions folder on the layer above the white base of the card.  That color cardstock is the new Summer Starfruit In Color - some folks call it yellow but it is really more of a green. I put another old olive Window Frame inside the red frame and mounted the tree on top.  How did I make the tree?   I die cut the tree using the Holiday Collection Framelits and a Mountain Dew soda can.  I love the way the can has the green, red, and white coloring which is perfect for Christmas.  Surprisingly, the edges of the aluminum do not have sharp edges after you cut it.  I am careful to place the frame on the can so the curve of the edges of the piece is concave not convex ...play with it and you will see what I mean.  I topped the tree with a punched glittered star.
Come tomorrow to see my last, and favorite, convention trade.
Peggy

No comments: