Tuesday, July 23, 2013

convention trades #7

Hi Stampers
I want to share a fun little treat with you today.   I took some to convention with the intention of giving them to the SU staff - but not sure if that actually happened ...I'll let you know on that one!
This picture shows you both the front and the back.
One of the SU employees did a video showing how to make a treat like this using the Apothecary Accents die cut.  She used two die cuts and trimmed away part of each and overlapped what was left.  It was so cute but I just could not understand why she had to use two...so I went to work.  You know I am a tree hugger and love to rework, reuse, and conserve supplies...yours and mine!  I was able to cut out the heart shaped hole using the heart from the Hearts a Flutter Framelits set and the Big Shot!  I had seen the hearts textured impression embossing folder on a treat and decided it added a nice element to the project.  Nice!  Of course, the small heart was punched out of the glitter paper.  Bet you have some friends who would love this fun treat!
Peggy

No comments: