Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Part Holiday stamp a stack, project 2


Hi all
This lovely card uses DSP that was retired last year - I don't usually like to use blue for Christmas but the tone of this blue is soft and cheerful - not like the dreary dark blue lights that haunt some homes at Christmas. Kerin Sylvester inspired this card. Her card had a heavier tone with dark red and chocolate chip(where I used blue). I am crazy for certainly celery so I lightened up the tone with that for the joy ornament and used real red instead of rose red. I love the way the eyelet border punch looks - and how it gave a sneaky little place to attach the ends of the strings.
Again we had a glitch with the 4 x 3 but this time it was my fault - I mistakenly stuck the pre-cut white cardstock for the ornaments into the wrong folder so the gals struggled a bit til we figured out my whoops! No harm, no foul.
Nighty Night
Peggy

1 comment:

Linda said...

Another winner, love the colors!