Monday, February 22, 2010

Flash from the past - an old Stampin Up! convention trade

Hi stampers!!

Today I am posting a card that is from several years ago at the request of one of my stampin friends, Donna.  She emailed me, asking for a pic of this card (at least I hope I have found the right card!!!) because she wants to use the idea for a party invite.  I want to say that, if I was doing this card today, I would make the whole process much easier on myself and use the Build A Bear die cuts.  Now, in order to do that, the dementions of the card would have to be different.  This card is 3 x 6 - for BAB you would probably need to make it 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 or larger.i 
the inside...
  
The pillow on this card was made with the old key tag punch. The bear and the pj's were sizzlits.
Here is how I would do it today...

Of course, I would stamp words/greeting on the front.

Here is how I did the inside...


The white band across her chest is actually two parallel slits cut in the back of the card so that she can slide in there and stay put until you want to remove her. 
Hope that helps, Donna!!  If I have the wrong card, just let me know, and I'll search some more.
Peggy

No comments: