Saturday, August 6, 2011

Post Stampin Up! convention trades class, part 2 #2

Hi all
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer...I am so conscious of how quickly summer is slipping away. 
ON Friday, I had an unusual series of unanticipated meetings.  Dave and I ran out to look at a vacuum cleaner at Target and as we walked into the store, we ran into one of my coworkers, Katie.  As we stood chatting, Mary Lou walked by with her son - she is the mother of one of my older son's friends and briefly I had treated her youngest son.  As we exited the store, I saw another coworker across the length of the store.  We got in the car and began to leave the parking lot and passed Dave, another coworker.  Then we headed over to AC Moore and ran into Karin and Lisa, former coworkers from more than 17 years ago!!   Now the really crazy thing about seeing them is that just last week I saw four former co-workers(from the same job)  at a local restaurant.  How strange to run into so many of them so close together after so much time. This is not a small town!! Gives me the heebee jeebies!!
Today I have a project that was inspired by one I received from Joy Nelson at convention in Salt Lake City.  I just realized that I did not take side by side pictures of her card and mine.  Kinda sorry I forgot to do that for this set of cards because I prefer her color combo (Concord Crush and Wisteria Wonder).  Unfortunately, I did not have all of  the materials to make her version.  Here is mine...


My colors are rich razzleberry, pink pirouette, pretty in pink.  The edges of the butterflies have glitter - I cannot wait to use my new bottle of SU glitter glue - it will be so much easier to apply glitter that way instead of handling loose glitter.
Ooops! the guys are calling.....gotta scoot!
Peggy

No comments: