Monday, July 20, 2009

How to...

In answer to a query about the ice cream sandwich:
I cut 2 long strips of white c/s (9 7/8 x 1 1/2) and (9 1/2 x 1 1/4); scored 1/2" in from one long side on each; then I fringed each by snipping the piece along the 1/2" about every 1/4" from the long end to the score, attached sticky strip to join the short ends of the strip to form a circle, folded the fringe inward and then attached sticky strip to the fringe and stuck it to the scallop circle. Repeat the process with the second piece. Note: I searched around my stamp room and found a metal tin that the larger circle fit around beautifully to help hold the shape as the white band was stuck to the scallop circle - it helped a lot. I should note that the longer/ wider piece should be attached to the top scallop and the narrower/shorter piece should be attached to the base. If you need pictures, let me know and I'll TRY to take some to show what I did. thanks for looking...and commenting!
Peggy

No comments: