Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tree Projects #5

Hi all
Isn't this lovely? This is a tweaked version of a card I saw on Dawn Olchefske's blog. In the past, Stampin' Up! lovers had struggled a bit to use this technique where you sand the dry embossed surface of the card. Because of the high quality of our cardstock, when you sanded on the surface, you still saw color. But our designer papers have a white core. I pressure embossed the paper using the Big Shot machine and a Stampin' Up! texture plate, then used our sanding blocks to brush across the raised surface. I think it has a lovely vintage look! Yep! I wasn't done yet - had to use my Big Shot again to cut the eggplant layer for the tag. I use my Big Shot so much that last night I took a break from stampin to clean up the area around my machine and make myself a bit more efficient. Don't get in my way when I am die cutting!!!
Hope you love it! I do!
Peggy

1 comment:

Linda said...

This is really nice. Love the colors and the tip for sanding the DP - I didn't know that it was white underneath. What tag is this?
6 more days my friend.