Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holiday/Xmas Card Stamp a Stack, Part 4, card 4

Hi all
I am really excited about the card I am posting for you today...it is a shaker card using our treat cups. I found some neat red and white candy cane candy embellishments by Wilton that I just had to use in a treat cup.
 When I took the picture, the card was on the table so the candies spilled upward and covered the Santa image behind it.  When you hold the card upright, you can see Santa through the cup ... he is actually stamped inside the card.  In order to make the santa visible through the cup, I attached a piece of acetate to the back of the cup.  It occurred to me after I made the card that I am not sure the acetate I used is food safe.  With all the talk of elements leaching from containers, I thought it might be a good idea to find another alternative to back the cup.  I wondered if press and seal plastic food wrap would  work but in truth, I haven't had a chance to try it...If one of you try it, be sure to let me know how it turns out.
Lots of cards that use the treat cups have intricate trap doors and sliders to keep the candies in.  Here is a picture of the inside of my card so you can see the backing on the treat cup.

We removed the cover from the adhesive on the cup and then we placed the acetate over the opening.  Then we put glue dots on the front side of the cup lip and those glue dots stick to the inside cover of the card.  When you want to get to the candy, you just separate the apparatus from the card front and the card still looks good!  The Santa was especially easy to position inside the card.  We punched the cover of the card with the hole punch and then lightly traced the hole onto the inside of the card.  Using a clear mount Santa stamp we placed him exactly where we wanted him - for me, I wanted to have his waving hand show in the opening of the cover.  Easy peasy.  Fun fun fun card!!  and a Peggy original!
Peggy

No comments: