Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Memory Calendar

Hi all
As I mentioned in my previous post, I  met my dear friend for breakfast this morning (even though it was very cold!!).  I wanted to give her a little gift and I wanted it to have a family connection.  We have been buds since the year I started my professional career - a long time ago -  We were hired under the same grant and worked together for a very long time.  Through it all, my friend has held family - her parents, her sibling, and her husband and children - as her very top priority.  She has faced many challenges in her assorted roles as wife and mother and has always risen to each challenge with intelligence and insight. I treasure her.  So I made an empty calendar for her.  I know she will have plenty of possible pictures or thoughts to save on the top note dies of each page.  It will be made special by her personalization of the pages.  here they are...










And, dear friend that she is, she showed up with a special find for me, too....a Winnie the Pooh cookie stamp - I was thrilled when I got home and saw how perfectly it fit into my Pooh collection.  As it turns out, it is the only Pooh item I received this Christmas - whew!  that was a close one!  Can't imagine a Christmas without Pooh!
Hope this simple approach to scrap booking inspires one of you to give it a try!!

Peggy

1 comment:

kay said...

Cool Calendar! Thanks for sharing and visiting my blog at Creations on Paper. http://creationsonpaper.blogspot.com