Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Holiday/Christmas Card Stamp a Stack, Part two, project 5


Hi all
Have to admit, this simple little card is my favorite card from the Stamp a Stack, part 2.  Can you tell that this is a spinner card?  You wind up the scalloped oval,  which is suspended on stretch magic plastic thread, then close the card. When you open the card, the oval spins, alternately showing the Santa and the date.  The Santa's hat is glittered to match the glittered stripe in the DSP.
Let me pass on a tip...I had a big OOPS! while I was designing this card....I dropped the ENTIRE jar of glitter on my rug!  AAAUUUGGGGHHH!!!!   So frustrating!!!  So I took a tissue (like you use for your nose) and covered the end of the hose on my mini vacuum cleaner.  I pressed the tissue into the end of the nozzle a bit and then sucked up all the glitter (repeated several times to get it all) and kept the vacuum on until I got the nozzle over the powder pal tray. Then I turned off the vacuum and tapped the end of the nozzle on the tray and the glitter dropped out of the tissue onto the tray.  I got back most of the glitter.  Whoo hoo!!!
Peggy

No comments: