Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ellie Baby Memory tin
















Hi Stampers!!
Tonight I wanted to post pictures of a project (actually two projects) I made for my friend's birthday. Unfortunately, she is an early riser and often checks her computer before going to work. I do not want her to see pictures of her gifts before I have a chance to give them to her. We are meeting for lunch, so I will be able to post them Thursday afternoon. In the meantime, I thought I would share with you one of my hand crafted baby memory tins. I really enjoy making these because each tin is unique. Usually, I am commissioned to make them for new babies or for a child on a special occasions such as a Christening, First Birthday, or First Eucharist. I usually try to focus on the child's first name. The colors and theme of the tin often mimic the child's nursery or bedroom. Of course, similar tins could be given to a newly engaged lady or a student headed off to college or someone starting a new job. The idea is to record special events or thoughts or milestones on the tags and then put them into the tin. Later when you want to recall those events or scrap those events, all the details are recorded on the tags in your own handwriting. You cannot see the other side of the tin, but I hang a pen there so recording the facts is quick and easy. There is a little poem on the lid. Hope this inspires someone to start collecting their milestones.
I would love to hear what you think of my new blog/entries so don't hesitate to leave a comment. If you find you cannot post to the comments, you can always email me and I will post for you.

Peggy

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Maureen said:
Hi Peggy! I am making my first attempt at posting on your blog. You know how computer savvy I am (HA!). Thanks again for the two beautiful table runners you made for my birthday. What a neat way to combine my favorite craft and yours! I have placed the snowflake runner on my dining room table and it looks great! Love your blog--I will be checking it out often! Maureen

Linda said...

Hi Peggy, you're doing such a great job posting on your blog - I'm so jealous. I've had one for quite a while and only managed to post once or twice - you've insprired me to give it another try.

Love all your projects and I will be coming back to visit every day.

I hope you're feeling better and wish you a speedy recovery.

Miss you, bud!
Linda

Peggy said...

Sandy said
I tried to post a comment but couldn’t figure out how to do it. Oh well. I love the cans!
Sandy