Saturday, January 17, 2009

Scallop Envelope card box for 3x 6 cards



Hi all!! I am kinda excited about this little project that I created tonight for my stampin' class on Sunday. I wanted to have the gals do a set of 3 x 6 cards but obviously they need to be able to store them in something lovely ....soooo I created this nifty box (well, I think it is nifty!) It is made using four of Stampin' Up!'s scallop envelop die cuts.
Now you may be looking at this saying --not current colors!! Correct! This class is all about things retired or retiring and in the case of this project, the materials are all retired as well as most of the stamps (not define your life, of course). I used vintage violet ribbon, soft sky DSP and river rock c/s.

The four cards are also using soft sky c/s - even some wild wasabi, purely pomegranate and groovy guava c/s and ribbons too. I still had (have) these materials and they were so great I thought it would be fun to enjoy them again. I have just given you a peak at the cards but will be able to post clearer pictures after the class on Sunday. Well, come to think of it - I will probably post after the Ravens beat the Steelers!!

If you are interested in getting the details of how I made the box leave me a comment or send me an email at david.outen@verizon.net
Peggy

2 comments:

Ann said...

Such a darling box!! So clever!

Linda said...

Very nice, Peggy, I need to know how to do this! LOL