Thursday, January 8, 2009

table runners a la Stampin' Up/ Sizzix











Hi Stampers ...and fabric crafters!!!
Well my dear ol' bud, MMS, got her handcrafted table runners today at lunch so I can post the pictures now!! First, I made the Autumn runner because MMS is all about things fall and halloween. But then I realized that, since this gift was for her late Dec birthday present, she would not get to use it for a very long time. Soooo...I made a winter one too! MMS is a fabulous quilter ...I am not. It is a craft I love, but my hands just do not handle all the pinning and needle work. So I thought I would give pseudo quilting a try! I ironed an adhesive interfacing onto the fabric and then die cut all the pieces using various dies from Stampin' Up! and Sizzix. Another round with the iron and the runner was complete. It is a bit lame in comparison to MMS's beautiful quilting work (You should see my beloved, much-used, Pooh quilt) but I know she appreciated me trying to cross over from my craft, stampin, to her craft, quilting. Truthfully, it was really fun to make.


Peggy

3 comments:

Pam said...

I always love your tins! I didn't realize I could "commission" you...I have to remember that!

Peggy said...

Betty said

Those are so cute. Tell Peggy I am impressed!

Claudia Perry said...

VERY cool idea!!!!