Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Read a Good Book

Hi all - Today has been a tough day - I got an early morning call that my dear sweet friend - the lady I made the table runners for (see Jan 8th post) - was hospitalized last night. Her family has not contacted me again since this morning and I have been worried all day about her status. They asked that she not be called directly because of some of the problems she is having with expressive communication. Please pray for them if you are so inclined. thank you.
I actually did get some stampin in tonight after a Band Boosters meeting but the projects were ones for my stampin session on Sunday and I do not want to post all of the projects ahead of time - gotta have some surprises for the stampers! I thought tonight I would share with you my reaction to a wonderful book I got it from the public library and read in just a few days. It was very compelling for me. The book is called Journal for Jordan - I believe the author is Canady. It is written by a woman, to her son, about the child's father. It is a true story and the mom is a journalist by profession so it reads well. Intermingled with the mom's story of how she met and loved the father, is excerpts from a journal the father wrote to his son while he was serving in the Middle East. It is NOT giving away any part of the meat of the book to tell you the father died while serving in the Middle East and had only had one short leave with the child. It is a beautiful story I stumbled on but I highly recommend it. You will not be disappointed. I'd love to hear your thoughts about the book after you have read it.
Peggy

No comments: