Saturday, January 31, 2009

LOVE Love love class projects



Hi all,
Nana Rosche (my grandmother/my Dad's mother) used to insist that we count the silverware before guests(us) left her house. Although her silverware was only silverplate, she valued it so much that she feared someone would accidently toss a spoon or fork into the trash. She would lay the pieces out on the table and make sure none was missing before anyone (who could help her search if something was missing) went home. Huh? Why am I thinking about that? 'Cause late last night I was cleaning up after my first LOVE, Love, love stampin' session but I could not find one project - the covered chocolate bar. Uh oh! No model for the second session to work from! Well early this morning, one of my ladies called to fess up! She had taken her projects out of her bag to show her friends and discovered one too many chocolate bars - she had mine! When she called to tell me, all I could think of was "if I had counted the silverware (projects) I would have known one was missing before everyone left" - My sister, Mel, is gonna crack up over this story!! Nana has been gone a long, long time but her words come back to me - she didn't have any luxuries and she cherished what little valuables had. Bless her! Next time I have back to back classes, I'm going to count my silverware! ha!

So ANYWAY, here are the projects. A cute little chocolate candy holder water bottle tag(thanks Margaret Raburn), the covered chocolate bar (tweaked from a card by my upline, Sandy Hancock), a heart shaped card with a treat vial attached (inspired by a project from Mary Jo Price-Williams), an adolable cheese box blatantly copied from Jill Hilliard - the gals all LOVED this project!, a hard to see, but sweet bride and groom pair card which I understand was originally designed by Allison Barber - I saw it on Glena Calkins blog, and the Love (word) card which I tweaked after seeing something similar on the Stampin' Up! website. The two heart cards were roughly inspired by some projects I had seen somewhere - I'm not sure where.
Hope your enjoyed seeing the 8 projects we did...and if you are in the Perry Hall, Maryland area you will join us for a future stampin session.
Ta ta for now!
Peggy

2 comments:

Peggy said...

My sister, Mel (who is a life coach) said:
You are correct! I cracked up! Nana would be proud. I can still see that paper that showed the number of pieces and where they went in the silver chest!
Your cards are great. Make sure your send me the chocolate one for Valentine's Day!
Love,
Mel
Mel Rosche
BEING in Order
www.beinginorder.com
410-917-1705

donnahilse said...

OK I'm the guilty party! Next time I'm just gonna eat it and not fess up. LOL. I either leave something behind always or now I take something that doesn't belong to me.
Sorry Donna