Thursday, August 20, 2009

081609 stampin session project # 6

Hi all
Today's card was seriously tweaked from a card I saw on line but (so sorry!) I have not been able to find out who made the original card. It used a different stamp set and had a layer on top instead of a hole.
The colors I used are elegant eggplant and certainly celery with always artichoke ribbon. The base paper is very vanilla. My friend, Terry, was generous enough to let me play with her curly label mover and shaper. I had the main mover and shaper die before Stampin Up! began to carry it so I do not have the curly label die that comes with it now. Thanks, Terry, for letting us use yours!
During our stampin session, one of the ladies accidently randomly stamped the images along the short side instead of the long side. Ah ha! a challenge!! Did we cry over spilled milk? NOoooooo! we quickly regrouped and added a corrugated piece of celery c/s between the eggplant strip and the main certainly celery section and then another strip of the eggplant c/s on the right of that celery corrugated piece. Viola! a variation on the original card idea ..........and it was lovely!! That was fun!!!
Peggy

1 comment:

Linda said...

This is so nice, I have this set and the M&S die so I think I NEED to c.a.s.e. it! Thanks for the idea.