Friday, August 21, 2009

081609 stampin session project #7

Hi all
This beautiful card idea was developed by Sharon Field a lovely lady who I have chatted with on line. Her card had a nice bow but I couldn't do it quite the way I wanted so instead I tweaked it and use the layered oval over a strip of ribbon instead. In order to create the round effect, I cut a circle out of scrap paper and attached it to the card front with temporary adhesive. I stamped the flower in the middle and then used a smaller stamp from the set to go around the edge. I love this effect because it looks so lovely but did not require lots of careful inking of the stamp. Monochromatic is beautiful!! Don't you agree?
When you stamp over the mask you sometimes have little areas where the ink doesn't fully print - did you know you can use a clean eraser 0n a pencil to fill in small areas. A marker can also work though it is sometimes inclined to bleed color a bit. So many errors are a snap to repair!!
Peggy

No comments: