Sunday, August 2, 2009

teen boy's birthday card

Hi all,
My teenage son attended a fun birthday party at his friend's swim club today. You should see his poor rudolph nose!! Anyway, the customary gift in my area is cash or gift cards, so the gift was easy to select. All we needed was a card.. so ...viola! here is what I came up with. Mark, the birthday boy, used to play base drum in the marching band but this year he is playing the marimba (bells to some folks!) and so I tried to effect those images in the card. The words are from Stampin' Up!s Celebrate Everything set but the other parts are die cuts. I have a thin drum die - it's green so it might not be Sizzlit - sorry, not sure of the brand. It had drum sticks on the die too but since the base drum and marimba are played with mallets, I tweaked the drum sticks by adding the puffy white parts. The marimba at the bottom was made by die cutting a part of the Swirly long cut die twice. Then I used the horizontal slot punch to make the keys. My son liked the card - high praise, huh? I wasn't there when Mark opened the card, but his Mom commented on it when I picked up my son at the end of the party.
Tomorrow I will begin posting my swap cards for convention - and I plan to give detailed instuctions/materials. I recently devised my own unique bow (where did that idea come from!!) and I hope to post detailed pictures so you can give it a try as well. Stay tuned. I hope to have posts each day this week - even while I am away at convention. Keep on posting comments as I will be checking in each day. Hmmmm, maybe I need a blog candy offer while I am gone. I'm gonna percolate on that idea...I'll get back to ya' on that! Stay tuned!
Peggy

No comments: